Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week 5: Standard Update

This week I have been continuing with my work from last week! My first program is nearly completed and is a 45 minute block discussing the recent rise of antisemitism, specifically the waves of bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers across North America, and the desecration of a Jewish graveyard.

My second program is a significantly longer block of time that I will be contributing many hours this week towards. The program takes place on Friday afternoon before dinner on the first day of the event, so I am hoping I can make it exciting and incorporate mixers to keep participants active and engaged.

Earlier this week I completed a minor NFTY Internal Structure Committee task of writing an introductory/descriptive paragraph of our committee and who we are and what we do. It is currently under revision, and when it is finalized I look forward to posting it here.

Today I finished the remainder of my phone calls to members of NFTY-Southwest as our regions attempts to hit the registration goal of 140 participants! Last week we were at 107, so our fingers are crossed as registration ends next week.

My goal for the rest of this week is to finalize my first program (we are seeing if we can have an FBI agent onsite to talk about attacks and how they are handled), and draft my second program and post some of the samples here! I will also be breaking down the leadership positions in the region and analyzing who does what, how, when, and why, in order to make our region function streamlined as an organization.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment