Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 10: Real World Applications

Now that I am finished planning and carrying out NFTY events (for the most part) I can take a step back and reflect on the real world applications of everything I have been doing for this project, and this year thus far.

On an individual level, my plan for college is mapped similarly to what I have pursued in high school. I will be spending the next four or five years attending Northeastern University, majoring in Engineering and minoring in a business field, preferably Business Management if everything pans out. This will allow me to apply what I learned through my project and NFTY directly to my learning in Boston. One of my long term goals as an adult is to create something larger than myself, and in doing so I need to be able to effectively organize people to pursue a goal. I have successfully done that over the course of this year and I hope I can continue to learn how to do so in college and beyond.

On a broader scale, I hope my research, documentation, and analyzation of my experiences serves multiple purposes. I hope future NFTY leaders who want to gauge what it takes to be on regional board can read my experiences here and take away a little bit of what it is like and what is required.  I want to look back on what I did here when I am applying for jobs, and hopefully hiring employees, and consider what it is essential for me to build an efficient, complementary team of creative minds. I want my success this year to lead to future success in business, and my experiences effectively selling the product of "NFTY-Southwest" to high-schoolers has certainly been both insightful and successful.



No comments:

Post a Comment