Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 9: Spring Kallah

It has certainly been a hectic week, no doubt about it. This last weekend was Spring Kallah, and for me it was a rush to get all of my stuff together especially after I had to throw out my initial big program for Saturday night. However, it is all in the past and everything went better than expected!

Both of my programs ran smoothly. Participants were engaged with the group leaders. I had to have adult advisors and regional board members lead groups in my program titled: "Seek Peace and Pursue It", due to the lack of preparation time and it would make the program run much smoother.

Elections proceeded on Friday afternoon without a hitch, I would like to congratulate my successor Max Palay. I am looking forward to working with him and then watching where he takes our region next year. Prior to elections, the NFTY-SW general board managed to pass an amendment during a mini-Asefah regarding instant run off voting. Needless to say, this weekend was incredibly productive and eventful.

In a business, generational leadership exists but over the span of decades. In NFTY it exists over four years, as high school teens are rapidly able to develop as leaders and individuals (relatively speaking).

Now that my tenure is up as the Programming Vice President of NFTY-Southwest, I am responsible for preparing my successor to the best of my ability. I will have multiple opportunities to do so, the primary one being at Old Board-New Board, an event with both board taking place in two weeks. During this time we will also be conducting another regional event, this time with younger participants who are the future of our region.

Finally, now that my programs have been carried out, I can post them here! The last few weeks leading up to, and through Spring Kallah have been exhausting, but it was fulfilling to see the fruits of my labor at my last event.

No comments:

Post a Comment