Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 8: More Difficulties

Hey everyone,

If you're a member of the BASIS Phoenix Class of 2017, it goes without saying that last week was particularly difficult for all of us.

Spring Kallah planning (April 7-9) has not been much easier, there have been many roadblocks. My mini program addressing anti-semitism is completed and we were able to procure a representative from the Anti-Defamation League, so that is pretty cool and I am looking forward to that.

My large program, a "Beit-Midrash"- a program with many different stations were participants are able to discuss different perspectives of a topic- had to be completely changed as it was found my program was significantly too politically charged, and many would argue one-sided as well. This was most certainly disappointing as I had spent a significant amount of time on it. Anyhow, with less than a week to spare I am hammering down a new theme and topics for the Beit Midrash.

With the impending event I have been also working on some smaller items, such as some Kahoot games for the social on Saturday night, a senior slideshow for the Class of 2017, and writing a couple speeches for when I install my predecessor after elections, and when I officially become de-stalled.

The last two weeks have certainly been busy and draining. Hoping all of the planning for Spring Kallah will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment