Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 2: Pre-Election Preparation

All regional board and North American board candidates are required to submit letters of intent prior to the election to be viewed by voting participants.   As North American elections are fast approaching, NAB candidates have already submitted their LOIs. However, regional candidates across the country are now proceeding with this process in preparation for elections that occur in March or early April.

In my own region I am allowed to impartially assist those who are running for my position without imposing bias or helping them develop their platform on which to run. However, I am permitted to be of greater help to those in other regions, which I have committed my time to immensely over the last week.

The preparation for elections and the legislative process sets the stage for Convention, and the yearly turnover of power in NFTY.  After NFTY Convention, which will be the focus of this and next week's posts, I will dive into how NFTY functions on both the North American and regional levels, tying in the importance of effective leadership and communication in order for any organization to function.





My Letter of Intent

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ariel! Can you give a little more insight on how the election process works? Does every member of that particular region vote? Are the votes collected in person? How are letters of intent shared with the community?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for asking! I will be addressing the election process in my next post later tonight! Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete