Friday, February 10, 2017

Week 1 Updates: What I am Studying

This last week we submitted our Resolution to Adopt NFTY’s Study Theme: The Reform Jewish Voice in Action. At NFTY Convention in Chicago next week, the Programming Vice President of NFTY Garden Empire Region, and myself will be presenting the resolution to the North American Board and all other regions with the goal of it being adopted for the coming year.  We had to acquire many co-signatures prior to the submission.  
The creation of this resolution is important to NFTY as it is the only one of its kind that has been proposed for the coming year.  Writing the amendment and its official proposal at convention is a part of one of the legislative processes in NFTY.  

The passage of this amendment is a key part of my documentation of how NFTY functions on the national level. In the coming week I will looking into the election process, from preparing as a candidate to participating in elections in Chicago. I am currently involved in assisting two candidates running for two separate positions as they prepare to present themselves on the national stage.

I depart for Chicago in six days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment